Arkansas-Little Rock wins 76-69Jan 17, 2010 - 3:43 AM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Solomon Bozeman's 18 points helped Arkansas-Little Rock defeat Louisiana-Lafayette 76-69 in Sun Belt Conference play on Saturday night.
Alex Garcia-Mendoza had 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Trojans (4-13, 1-6), who earned their first win in conference play. Nelson Stewart had 14 points.
Chris Gradnigo lead the Ragin' Cajuns (6-11, 3-3) with 23 points. He was 10 of 21 from the field. Tyren Johnson complied a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
This tightly contested game featured eight ties and nine lead changes. The Trojans held a 35-32 lead after the first half. The Trojans trailed by as many as six and lead by as many as nine.
The Trojans advantage in the game was their bench and foul shooting. The Trojans outscored the Ragin' Cajuns bench 20-8. They made 24 of 33 from the line while Louisiana-Lafayette made just 4 of 11.
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 69
UALR 76 FINAL
Jan 16 10:08 PM
- NCAA BB
UL LAFAYETTE 32
UALR 35 HALFTIME
Jan 16 8:51 PM
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17