Campbell, Austin Peay edge Tennessee State 79-77Jan 17, 2010 - 12:13 AM CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Anthony Campbell had 17 points and 13 rebounds for his first career double-double as Austin Peay rallied to defeat Tennessee State 79-77 on Saturday.
The Governors (10-9, 4-3 Ohio Valley Conference) led 21-9 with 11:38 left in the first half, but the Tigers' full-court pressure sparked a 31-10 run, including four 3-pointers by Jacquan Nobles.
Austin Peay committed 15 of its season-high 24 turnovers in the half, after which Tennessee State (4-15, 1-6) led 42-38.
The Governors outshot the Tigers 50 percent (15-for-30) to 32.4 percent (11-for-34) in the second half and led 74-66 with 5:16 left, but Robert Covington scored all of Tennessee State's points in a 9-2 run that cut the lead to 76-75.
Wes Channels, who finished with 16 points, hit two free throws to put Austin Peay up 78-75 with 1:47 left.
Nobles and Josh Sain led Tennessee State with 20 points apiece.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE ST 77
AUSTIN PEAY 79 FINAL
Jan 16 4:16 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE ST 42
AUSTIN PEAY 38 HALFTIME
Jan 16 2:59 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14