Northern Colorado wins 74-71Jan 17, 2010 - 5:28 AM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Will Figures scored 21 points as Northern Colorado defeated Eastern Washington 74-71 in a Big Sky Conference game on Saturday night.
Neal Kingman added 20 points for the Bears (16-4, 5-2). Devon Beitzel added 12 points and five assists.
Mark Dunn scored 16 points for the Eagles (6-13, 2-4). Jeffrey Forbes and Glen Dean added 14 and 11 points, respectively.
Tied at 71, Figures hit a driving layup with 21.1 seconds left, and after an Eastern Washington miss and foul, added a free throw with 2.7 seconds left. Eastern Washington had a chance to tie, but Forbes' half-court heave hit the front rim.
Northern Colorado trailed by as many as 15 points before rallying to tie it at 39 on Figures' 3-pointer with 17:25 left. Kingman's 3-pointer gave the Bears their first lead, 58-57, with 7:14 left.
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 74
EASTERN WASH 71 FINAL
Jan 16 11:57 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHERN COLO 29
EASTERN WASH 39 HALFTIME
Jan 16 10:50 PM
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23