Babbitt scores 19 in Nevada's 76-68 win over IdahoJan 17, 2010 - 5:36 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 19 points and Armon Johnson added 17 to lead Nevada to a 76-68 win over Idaho on Saturday night.
Babbitt also grabbed nine rebounds for the Wolf Pack (11-7, 3-2 WAC), while Joey Shaw finished with 15 points and Brandon Fields scored 14.
Mac Hopson finished with 16 points to lead the Vandals (8-8, 1-4 WAC). Steffan Johnson had 13 points and Luiz Toledo added 12.
Nevada led 45-39 with 16:50 left before going on a 10-2 run over the next four minutes.
Ray Kraemer's 3-pointer with about 12 minutes to go put the Wolf Pack up 55-41. Idaho could get no closer than nine points the rest of the way.
The Vandals led 21-11 midway through the first half before the Wolf Pack responded with a 25-9 run to close out the period leading 36-30. Johnson had 10 points during the run and Babbit had 8.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8
- Adams, LaVine power UCLA past Nevada Nov 29