Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeats Alcorn State 93-59Jan 19, 2010 - 5:20 AM PINE BLUFF, Ark.(AP) -- Terrance Calvin scored 21 points and Tavaris Washington added 16 as Arkansas-Pine Bluff kept Alcorn State winless with a 93-59 victory Monday night.
Thirteen players scored for the Golden Lions (4-12, 4-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who are off to their best conference start in school history.
Jamakus Holt led the Braves (0-18, 0-5) with 16 points and 11 rebounds, and Tony Eackles had 14 points.
Pine Bluff, which scored a season high and has won four of its past five games, went into halftime up 50-34 and extended its lead to as many as 36 points.
Leading 13-9 with 12:36 to play in the first half, the Lions pulled away with a 12-2 run and led by at least nine points the rest of the half.
- NCAA BB
ALCORN ST 59
ARK PINE BLUFF 93 FINAL
Jan 18 11:12 PM
- NCAA BB
ALCORN ST 34
ARK PINE BLUFF 50 HALFTIME
Jan 18 10:08 PM
- No. 19 Michigan State cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 6
- Spartans seeks turnaround against Golden Lions Dec 6
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Iowa cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 22
- Golden Lions come calling on 25th-ranked Hawkeyes Dec 22
- No. 8 Oklahoma State crushes UAPB Nov 15
- Golden Lions pay visit to eighth-ranked Cowboys Nov 15
- Fair helps No. 9 Syracuse top Alcorn State Dec 29
- Orange battle Braves in Gotham Classic action Dec 29
- No. 19 Michigan State rolls over Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 6
- Spartans hope to make quick work of Golden Lions Dec 5