Centenary routs SW Assemblies of God 108-65Jan 20, 2010 - 3:37 AM SHREVEPORT, La.(AP) -- David Perez scored a career-high 32 points and senior Jerrald Bonham and freshman Pedro Maciel posted their first career double-doubles as Centenary routed Southwestern Assemblies of God (Texas) 108-65 on Tuesday night.
Bonham was 9-for-11 from the field for 20 points and 10 rebounds while Maciel finished with 11 points and 11 assists to help the Gentlemen (7-12) snap a three-game skid.
Centenary, which entered the game averaging 71.5 points per game while allowing 82.2, had its highest output of the season against the NAIA Lions.
The Gentlemen used an 18-0 run to pull ahead 20-4 and led 54-35 at halftime.
Centenary shot 50.7 percent (38-for-75) from the floor, 13-for-32 from beyond the arc.
The Lions shot 41.5 percent (22-for-53) from the field, but had 33 turnovers thanks to a season-high 24 steals by the Gentlemen
James Ford led the Lions with 14 points.
- Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67 Feb 28
- Couisnard, McKinney-Jones lead UMKC to 83-69 win Feb 25
- Ford gives Oral Roberts spark in 76-56 victory Feb 16
- Western Illinois defeats Centenary 64-55 Feb 13
- IUPUI knocks off Centenary 88-77 Feb 11
- Nakwaasah's big day helps Centenary tip IPFW 80-78 Feb 6
- Oakland, Mich., tops Centenary 75-64 behind Nelson Feb 4
- North Dakota State downs Centenary 73-62 Jan 30
- South Dakota State defeats Centenary 81-75 Jan 28
- Oral Roberts rolls past Centenary 87-56 Jan 23
- Young leads IUPUI over Centenary 74-58 Jan 16