Quinnipiac defeats Bryant 84-59Jan 22, 2010 - 4:06 AM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- James Feldeine scored 18 points and Quinnipiac defeated Bryant 84-59 on Thursday night.
After the scoring went back and forth in the first 6 minutes, the Bobcats (12-6, 6-1 Northeast Conference) took the lead for good, 12-11, on Dave Johnson's jumper with 13:59 left in the first half.
Quinnipiac was 15 of 18 from the free throw line in the first half, and led 47-25 at halftime.
The Bobcats scored 24 points off 21 Bryant (0-19, 0-7) turnovers en route to their sixth straight win. They improved to 7-0 at home and 10-0 in Connecticut.
The Bobcats led by as many as 26, 62-36 on Baker's layup with 12:54 remaining.
Deontay Twyman added 16 points and Jeremy Baker chipped in 15 for Quinnipiac, which outrebounded the Bulldogs 40-32.
Bryant, which hasn't won since Feb. 17, and last won on the road Feb. 7 at Quinnipiac, was led by Barry Latham's 16 points.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10
- No. 15 Gonzaga takes on Bryant in season opener Nov 9
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18