Oakland, Mich., holds off North Dakota State 85-79Jan 22, 2010 - 3:12 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Keith Benson had a double-double Thursday night as Oakland, Mich., stayed unbeaten in the Summit League by repelling North Dakota State 85-79.
Benson had game highs of 22 points and 12 rebounds as the Golden Grizzlies (14-7, 8-0) pushed their winning streak to eight games and their league streak to 15.
Ledrick Eackles added 18 points for Oakland, which gave coach Greg Kampe his 100th league win. Johnathon Jones added 16, Larry Wright 13 and Derick Nelson 10.
The Bison (6-11, 3-4) got 21 points from Michael Tveidt, 17 from Josh Vaughan and 16 from Eric Carlson.
Oakland led 41-30 at intermission, pushed that to 65-50 midway through the second half and still led 71-59 with 6:15 left. The Bison cut it to 73-71 with 2:46 to go but got no closer.
Oakland shot 30 of 61 (49.2 percent), and North Dakota State hit 31 of 59 (52.5 percent).
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20