Jacksonville State defeats Tennessee State 85-67Jan 22, 2010 - 4:01 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Nick Murphy had 23 points and 12 rebounds and Jacksonville State rallied to defeat Tennessee State 85-67 on Thursday night.
The Gamecocks (8-10, 4-4 Ohio Valley Conference), who trailed by eight in the first half and 35-32 at halftime, shot 57.1 percent from the floor in the second half (20-for-35) to win back-to-back games for the first time since Dec. 15.
Tennessee State got within 74-65, but the Gamecocks used an 11-0 run to send the Tigers to their eighth loss in nine games.
Murphy shot 10-for-14 from the floor for his second straight 20-point game and fourth double-double of the season. Trenton Marshall added 21 points, nine rebounds, five assists and three steals for the Gamecocks and Dominique Shellman had a career-high 10 assists.
Darius Cox had 17 points and nine rebounds for Tennessee State (4-16, 1-7), which had 20 turnovers and was outrebounded 40-32.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Bowers and Missouri blow past Tennessee State Dec 8