San Jose State stops Louisiana Tech 87-76Jan 22, 2010 - 5:29 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Adrian Oliver scored a career-high 39 points, lifting San Jose State to an 87-76 victory over Louisiana Tech on Thursday night.
The Spartans (10-8, 3-3) snapped the Bulldogs' 10-game winning streak and handed them their first WAC loss of the season.
Chris Oakes had 16 points for the Spartans while Robert Owens scored 12.
Kyle Gibson led Louisiana Tech (17-3, 5-1) with 22 points, only two of those coming in the first half when he got into early foul trouble. Olu Ashaolu added 19 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs.
Oliver was one point short of the San Jose State single-game scoring record of 40 set by Wally Rank on Jan. 3, 1980 against Sacramento State. Oliver's 39 points surpassed his previous career high of 37, set last February against Boise State.
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- San Jose State hires Dave Wojcik as basketball coach Mar 29
- San Jose State fires men's hoops coach Mar 13
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3