Wis-Milwaukee beats Youngstown St 69-59Jan 23, 2010 - 2:30 AM YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio(AP) -- Ricky Franklin scored 21 points, including sinking four 3-pointers, as Wisconsin-Milwaukee beat Youngstown State 69-59 on Friday night.
Anthony Hill added 16 points for the Panthers (12-8, 4-4 Horizon League), who have won back to back games and four of their last five.
Franklin's 4-for-11 performance from 3-point range helped the Panthers finish 6-for-19 (31.6 percent), while the Penguins were just 7-for-27 (25.9 percent).
The game was close for the first 10 minutes, but after Kelvin Bright's dunk pulled Youngstown State even at 13-all, the Panthers broke the game open. Franklin hit two 3-pointers and a jumper for the Panthers, sparking an 18-7 run for an eight point halftime lead.
The Panthers led the rest of the way.
Sirlester Martin and Vytas Sulskis scored 11 points apiece for the Penguins (7-11, 2-7), who have lost three straight.
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 69
YOUNGSTOWN ST 59 FINAL
Jan 22 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 31
YOUNGSTOWN ST 23 HALFTIME
Jan 22 7:46 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Youngstown State beats Robert Morris 65-58 Dec 2
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Brust, Badgers take down Milwaukee Dec 11