Elon ends 9-loss streak, beats Chattanooga 83-80Jan 24, 2010 - 3:47 AM ELON, N.C.(AP) -- Drew Spradlin scored 30 points and Chris Long 25 as Elon ended a nine-game losing streak by defeating Chattanooga 83-80 on Saturday night.
The Phoenix (4-15, 2-6 Southern Conference), whose last win came at Chattanooga on Dec. 5, overcame a 33-19 Mocs lead with a 20-0 run and led 48-39 at halftime.
Chattanooga (11-9, 3-4) got back in front, 59-54, with 10:20 left after a 10-0 run and it remained close the rest of the way.
Ridge McKeither's layup gave Chattanooga an 80-78 lead, but Adam Constantine's free throw and Terrance Birdette's fast-break layup put Elon ahead 81-80 with 41 seconds to go.
After Tyrone Patterson, who scored a career-high 28 points, missed a 3-pointer for the Mocs, Long's two free throws gave the Phoenix a three-point lead.
Josh Odem and Keegan Bell both missed 3-point tries for Chattanooga that would have tied the game.
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18
- Minutemen meet Phoenix in non-league tussle Jan 18
- Duke routs Elon Dec 31
- Elon seeks upset of No. 7 Duke Dec 31