Florida International beats Ark.-Little Rock 96-81Jan 24, 2010 - 3:22 AM MIAMI(AP) -- Marvin Roberts scored 28 points to lead Florida International to a 96-81 victory over Arkansas-Little Rock on Saturday night.
The Golden Panthers (7-16, 4-6 Sun Belt Conference) never trailed after a 7-0 run for a 65-59 lead with 7:50 left in the second half.
The Trojans (5-15, 1-8) cut Florida International's lead to 74-69 on Alex Garcia-Mendoza's two free throws with 4:21 left. Garcia-Mendoza led the Trojans with 20 points.
Roberts was 5-for-8 on 3-pointers and J.C. Otero finished with 18 points for Florida International.
Roberts hit three consecutive 3-pointers late in the first half, the last one with 2.3 seconds left to give the Golden Panthers a 39-38 halftime lead.
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- FIU tabs Evans as head coach Apr 16
- Western Kentucky wins back-to-back Sun Belt titles Mar 12