Charlotte beats La Salle 84-82 on last shotJan 23, 2010 - 10:12 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- An'Juan Wilderness knocked down a jumper at the buzzer, propelling Charlotte to an 84-82 victory against La Salle on Saturday.
La Salle's Yves Mekongo hit a 3-pointer with 59 seconds left, knotting the score at 82-82. Derrio Green missed a 3-pointer 24 seconds later for Charlotte and Aaric Murray grabbed the rebound for the Explorers, who immediately called a timeout.
After the timeout, La Salle got the ball in Murray's hands but he turned it over and Wilderness got his game-winning shot off before the final horn. His jumper saved the 49ers, who nearly blew their 82-77 lead with 2:03 left.
Shamari Spears scored 22 points and Chris Braswell notched a double-double to lead Charlotte (14-5, 4-1 Atlantic 10 Conference), scoring 21 points and grabbing 13 rebounds. The 49ers have won three straight.
Rodney Green scored a career-high 32 points to pace La Salle (10-9, 2-3).
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 82 FINAL
Jan 23 4:09 PM
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 46 HALFTIME
Jan 23 2:54 PM
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Mark Price named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 26
- Reports: Price to be named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 25
- Major won't return as Charlotte coach Mar 15
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3
- Brogdon and Virginia down La Salle Nov 29