Sacred Heart routs Bryant 84-60Jan 23, 2010 - 11:13 PM FAIRFIELD, Conn.(AP) -- Corey Hassan scored 26 points and Sacred Heart beat Bryant 84-60 on Saturday.
Hassan, who was 5-for-9 from 3-point range, needs only four more points to reach the 1,000-point mark at Sacred Heart. Ryan Litke added 21 points for the Pioneers (12-7, 5-3 Northeast Conference), who won their second game in a row.
Bryant (0-20, 0-8) lost its 22nd game in a row.
The Pioneers never trailed and led 45-29 at halftime. They used a 20-5 run to open the second half and grabbed their largest lead at 65-34 after a 3-pointer by Hassan with 12:52 to play. The Pioneers led by at least 21 points the rest of the game.
Strong shooting and good defense made the difference for the Pioneers, who shot 57.1 percent from the field (32-for-56). Sacred Heart got 24 points off 16 Bryant turnovers and had 12 steals.
Vlad Kondratyev had 20 points and Adam Parzych added 16 for the Bulldogs.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10