George Mason outlasts Towson 80-71Jan 24, 2010 - 12:06 AM TOWSON, Md.(AP) -- Cam Long scored 21 points, leading five George Mason players in double-figure scoring as the Patriots defeated Towson 80-71 on Saturday.
Mike Morrison notched a double-double for the Patriots (13-7, 8-1 Colonial Athletic Association), scoring 13 points and grabbing 12 rebounds. Isaiah Tate also scored 13 points, Ryan Pearson added 12 and Andre Cornelius chipped in with 10 for George Mason.
Long hit five 3-pointers, Tate knocked down three and Cornelius sank two for the Patriots, who shot 46 percent from the floor (29-for-63). The Tigers shot 35.8 percent from the field (24-for-67).
George Mason opened the game on a 10-3 run and led until Calvin Lee's jumper put Towson ahead 66-65 with just less than 4 minutes to play. But Long knocked down two 3-pointers in less than a minute and the Patriots cruised from there.
Jarrel Smith scored 23 points for Towson (4-15, 1-8).
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 80
TOWSON 71 FINAL
Jan 23 5:57 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 35
TOWSON 29 HALFTIME
Jan 23 4:55 PM
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- No. 10 St. Louis holds off pesky George Mason in OT Feb 20
- Patriots face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Billikens Feb 19
- Loe leads Saint Louis past George Mason in OT Feb 1
- Patriots seek upset of 19th-ranked Billikens Feb 1