Butler rolls past Illinois-Chicago 84-55Jan 23, 2010 - 10:07 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Gordon Hayward scored 25 points Saturday to lead Butler to an 84-55 victory over Illinois-Chicago.
Hayward was 10-for-16 from the field and led the Bulldogs (16-4, 9-0 Horizon) with eight rebounds. Butler shot 56 percent from the field in the game and 13 players scored for the Bulldogs.
Hayward scored 17 in the first half when Butler built a 37-26 lead. The Bulldogs extended the lead to 32 points with a minute to play. Butler scored 23 points off 13 UIC turnovers.
Jeremy Buttell had 13 points and nine rebounds for the Flames (5-14, 1-8). Zavion Neely also had 13 points for Illinois-Chicago, which made 38 percent of its outside shots.
- Butler basketball coach agrees to contract extension May 18
- Butler fills assistant coaching void with hire of Schrage May 12
- Butler adds graduate transfer Avery Woodson to roster Apr 25
- Butler partners with bone marrow registry in Smith's honor Mar 18
- Shut out of NCAA games, Butler's mascot hard at work outside Mar 18
- No. 1 seed Virginia prepares for 2nd-round test from Butler Mar 18
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Emotional season helps Butler finds its way to NCAA tourney Mar 15
- No. 16 Providence rallies late, downs No. 18 Butler 71-68 Jan 19
- No. 24 Butler changing script with more offensive power Nov 9
- Butler gives Holtmann contract extension Mar 30
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23