Miami (Ohio) defeats Bowling Green 64-52Jan 23, 2010 - 10:32 PM OXFORD, Ohio(AP) -- Kenny Hayes scored 17 points to lead Miami (Ohio) to a 64-52 win over Bowling Green on Saturday.
Nick Winbush chipped in with 13 points for the RedHawks (6-12, 3-2 Mid-American Conference), while Julian Mayunga added 11 points and 11 rebounds. Miami has won three of its past four games.
A 3-pointer from Winbush capped a 10-0 run for the RedHawks, giving them a 46-36 lead with 7:46 remaining in the second half. The Falcons (9-8, 2-3) would get no closer than within seven points the rest of the way, as Miami shot 66.7 percent from the field in the second half (12-for-18).
Dee Brown paced Bowling Green with 17 points.
The RedHawks outrebounded the Falcons 32-24, and shot 50 percent from 3-point range (7-for-14). Miami also blocked seven shots and forced Bowling Green to shoot 40 percent from the field (18-for-45).
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8