Jacksonville rallies to beat S.C.-Upstate 65-52Jan 24, 2010 - 12:14 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Ben Smith had 15 points and seven assists and Jacksonville rallied to defeat South Carolina-Upstate 65-52 on Saturday for the Dolphins' seventh straight win.
The Spartans (3-16, 3-7 Atlantic Sun Conference), who snapped Jacksonville's nine-game winning streak last year, went into halftime ahead 29-22 by shooting 58.5 percent from the field (10-for-17).
The Dolphins (10-8, 7-3), coming off their worst shooting performance of the season against North Florida at 27.4 percent (17-for-62), shot only 24.1 percent (7-for-29) in the first half.
Jacksonville improved to 51.9 percent (14-for-27) in the second half, outscoring the Spartans 43-23. Jacksonville held S.C.-Upstate to two points in the first 7:10 while pulling ahead 38-31.
After the Spartans closed to 40-37, Jacksonville responded with seven straight points.
Pat Posey led S.C.-Upstate with 15 points.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Strong second half lifts Maryland over USC Upstate Dec 13
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Spartans Dec 13
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Indiana dominates Jacksonville Dec 29
- Jacksonville faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Indiana Dec 28
- USC Upstate gives Payne extension Oct 26