Samford coach collapses in win over UNC-GreensboroJan 24, 2010 - 12:41 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Samford men's basketball coach Jimmy Tillette was admitted to a hospital after collapsing during the second half of the Bulldogs' 70-67 victory over North Carolina-Greensboro on Saturday.
Samford assistant sports information director Zac Schrieber said the 59-year-old Tillette is awake and responsive after he was taken to Moses Cone Hospital, where he will undergo tests.
Schrieber said Tillette "froze up and fell down on the bench and then to the floor" before trainers rushed to him to begin treatment. Tillette was taken to a training room until an ambulance arrived.
Trey Montgomery scored 18 points, including two free throws in the final 15 seconds, for Samford (9-10, 3-4 Southern Conference).
Ben Stywall led UNC-Greensboro (4-16, 3-6) with 26 points and 19 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 67 FINAL
Jan 23 6:10 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 35 HALFTIME
Jan 23 4:48 PM
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- Thomas, Memphis fend off Samford Nov 18
- Samford takes on No. 17 Memphis Nov 17
- No. 2 Louisville feasts on Samford Nov 15
- No. 2 Cardinals set sights on Bulldogs Nov 15
- No. 3 Kentucky handles Samford Dec 20
- Kentucky puts win streak on the line against Samford Dec 20
- Wofford defeats UNC-Greensboro 59-47 Mar 6
- The Citadel tops Samford 55-43 in SoCon tournament Mar 5