Campbell beats Lipscomb 86-82Jan 24, 2010 - 12:07 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 26 points to lead Campbell to an 86-82 win over Lipscomb on Saturday.
Miles Taylor added 14 points for the Camels (12-6, 7-2 Atlantic Sun Conference), and Junard Hartley dished out 12 assists. Campbell has now won four of their last five games.
A layup from Lipscomb's Adnan Hodzic cut the Camels' lead to 82-79 with 12 seconds remaining. Rodriguez then made two free throws to push Campbell's lead back to five, but Brian Wright nailed a 3-pointer for the Bisons to pull them within 84-82 with 4 seconds left. Hartley then drilled two free throws with 3 seconds remaining to secure the win.
Hodzic and Josh Slater scored 26 points each to lead the Bisons (9-10, 6-4). Jordan Burgason added 19 points in the loss.
Campbell outrebounded Lipscomb 34-17 while shooting 51.1 percent from the field (24-for-47).
- NCAA BB
LIPSCOMB 82 FINAL
Jan 23 6:36 PM
- NCAA BB
LIPSCOMB 44 HALFTIME
Jan 23 5:21 PM
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20