St. Francis holds off Wagner 57-54Jan 24, 2010 - 12:47 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Ricky Cadell scored 19 points and hit five 3-pointers to help St. Francis (N.Y.) outlast Wagner 57-54 on Saturday.
The Terriers (9-10, 6-2 Northeast Conference) used a 10-0 run to overcome a four-point deficit and pull ahead 57-51 with 46 seconds left. Doug Elwell hit his fourth 3-pointer to bring the Seahawks within 57-54 with 23 seconds left. Although St. Francis missed three free throws down the stretch, Chris Martin - whose 3 straight 3s had given Wagner its lead earlier - missed a 3-pointer with 2 seconds left.
Akeem Bennett added 16 points for the Terriers, who have won two straight and five of their last six. Justin Newton had no points, but 10 assists and four steals.
Wagner was 13-for-30 from long range. Danny Mundweiler scored 17 points and hit five 3-pointers for the Seahawks (3-18, 1-7), who were trying to win their first back-to-back games this season.
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26