Austin Peay edges Jacksonville State 66-64 in OTJan 24, 2010 - 1:30 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Wes Channels scored 23 points and had 10 rebounds to lift Austin Peay to a 66-64 overtime victory over Jacksonville State on Saturday.
Duran Roberson added 12 points and 10 rebounds as the Governors (11-10, 5-4 Ohio Valley Conference) won for the second time in three games.
Austin Peay led throughout overtime, but was only 5-for-12 from the free throw line in the extra period and survived when Jacksonville State's John Barnes missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Austin Peay's Tyrone Caldwell scored on a layup with 1:56 left to tie the score at 55 and force overtime.
The Governors shot only 29.2 percent from the field (6-for-20) in the second half.
Justin Blake added 14 points and John Fraley had 11 rebounds for Austin Peay.
Trenton Marshall scored 17, Amadou Mbodji had 12 points and 12 rebounds and Stephen Hall added 10 points for Jacksonville State (8-11, 4-5).
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 66
JACKSONVILLE ST 64 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 23 7:35 PM
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 55
JACKSONVILLE ST 55 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jan 23 7:15 PM
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 38
JACKSONVILLE ST 31 HALFTIME
Jan 23 6:16 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Murray State routs Austin Peay Feb 11
- Racers seek turnaround against Governors Feb 11
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13