Central Michigan outlasts Northern Illinois 81-75Jan 24, 2010 - 2:18 AM MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich.(AP) -- Jordan Bitzer and Robbie Harman scored 17 points each and Central Michigan pulled away in the final minutes to defeat Northern Illinois 81-75 Saturday night.
Chris Kellerman had 12 points and Jalin Thomas 10 for the Chippewas (9-8, 4-1 Mid-American), who closed the game on a 13-6 run after trailing the Huskies 69-68 with 3 1/2 minutes remaining. Harman made a pair of free throws to give Central Michigan the lead for good at 72-70 with 2:15 to play as the Chippewas tied Northern Illinois for the lead in the conference's West Division.
Central Michigan led 33-31 at halftime of the foul-plagued game. There were 54 fouls assessed, with four players fouling out, two for each team.
Xavier Silas scored 26 points for Northern Illinois (8-9, 4-1). Darion Anderson had 15 before fouling out with 3:40 remaining, and Sean Kowal had 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 75
CENTRL MICHIGAN 81 FINAL
Jan 23 8:44 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 31
CENTRL MICHIGAN 33 HALFTIME
Jan 23 7:22 PM
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- No. 22 UMass crushes Northern Illinois Dec 14
- Minutemen get back to work as they host Huskies Dec 14
- Northern Illinois held to 4 points in first half Jan 26
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29