VMI defeats High Point 94-91Jan 24, 2010 - 3:10 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Stan Okoye scored 24 points and led four other players in double-figure scoring as Virginia Military Institute defeated High Point 94-91 on Saturday night.
Austin Kenon added 20 points for the Keydets (6-12, 2-7 Big South Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak. Ron Burks scored 19, Keith Gabriel had 13 and Adam Lonon scored 10.
Nick Barbour scored 21 to lead the Panthers (10-9, 5-4), who have lost three of their past four games. Eugene Harris scored 18 points in the loss, while Corey Law added a double-double with 13 points and 15 rebounds.
VMI shot 46.4 percent from the field (32-for-69) and 36 percent from 3-point range (9-for-25).
The Keydets committed 20 turnovers, but scored 22 points off of the Panthers' 14 turnovers.
High Point shot 42.5 percent from the field (34-for-80).
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- VMI introduces Earl as new men's hoops coach Apr 13
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- No. 21 West Virginia routs VMI Nov 27
- Mountaineers continue run against Keydets Nov 26
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Asheville downs VMI for 2nd straight Big South title Mar 3
- Keydets and Bulldogs meet in Big South title tilt Mar 3
- Pittsburgh dominates VMI Dec 6