Lehigh rolls past Lafayette 75-57Jan 24, 2010 - 2:55 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- CJ McCollum scored 23 points to lead Lehigh to a 75-57 victory over Lafayette on Saturday night.
McCollum was 4-for-6 from the 3-point line as the Mountain Hawks (13-7, 4-1 Patriot League) won their third consecutive game. Lafayette (13-7, 4-1) made only four second-half field goals and finished the half 4-for-27 from the floor (14.8 percent) to snap a six-game winning streak.
Lehigh pulled away with a 17-5 run midway through the second half.
McCollum scored nine points during the spurt as the Mountain Hawks turned a 43-42 lead into a 60-47 advantage with 8:49 remaining.
Lehigh pushed the lead to 67-51 on John Adams' layup with 6:25 to play.
Zahir Carrington added 19 points for the Mountain Hawks, who outrebounded the Leopards 46-32.
Ryan Willen scored 12 and Jim Mower added 10 for Lafayette, which didn't score from the field in the final 5:45.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13