Bolding's 3 lifts Dukes past Bonnies 70-69Jan 24, 2010 - 2:27 AM By ALAN ROBINSON AP Sports Writer
PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Melquan Bolding hit a 3-pointer with 3.4 seconds remaining for Duquesne's only basket in the final 12 1/2 minutes and the Dukes withstood Andrew Nicholson's 29 points and a frantic St. Bonaventure comeback for a 70-69 victory Saturday night.
The Dukes (10-9, 1-4) won for the first time in the Atlantic 10 despite seeing a 14-point lead at 50-36 evaporate as Nicholson scored 20 of his 29 points after halftime. The Bonnies (9-9, 2-3) led 68-64 following Malcolm Eleby's two free throws with 1:13 remaining.
Damian Saunders, who scored 15 points, made three of four free throws after that to get Duquesne to within one. After Eleby made one of two at the line with 21.3 seconds to play, Duquesne ran the clock down until Bolding got free in the corner.
- NCAA BB
ST BONAVENTURE 69
DUQUESNE 70 FINAL
Jan 23 9:20 PM
- NCAA BB
ST BONAVENTURE 28
DUQUESNE 43 HALFTIME
Jan 23 7:58 PM
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14
- Bonnies battle Billikens in A-10 tourney Mar 14
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28
- Billikens look forward to big night against visiting Dukes Feb 27
- Kloof helps Bonnies knock off Minutemen Jan 29