Liberty edges Radford 60-55Jan 24, 2010 - 2:06 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Evan Gordon and Jesse Sanders scored 16 points each as Liberty knocked off Radford 60-55 on Saturday.
The Flames (10-11, 5-4 Big South Conference) took a lead with 9:29 left in the game and didn't relinquish it to snap a two-game skid, despite 26 points and 15 rebounds from Radford's Art Parakhouski.
Liberty took a 42-41 lead on Chris Perez's layup and increased it to 47-41 on Gordon's layup with 7:04 to play.
Radford (10-8, 6-3) cut the lead to 49-47 on Blake Smith's jumper with 4:12 left, but Carter McMasters dunked to push the lead to 51-47 with 3:31 to play.
The Highlanders cut the lead to 58-55 on Parakhouski's three-point play with 21 seconds remaining, but Jeremy Anderson hit two free throws for a 60-55 advantage with 15 seconds left.
Radford shot 36 percent in the second half (9-for-25) and was 1-for-22 from the 3-point line (4.5 percent).
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- 20th-ranked Aggies extinguish Flames Nov 10
- Aggies begin season against Flames in 2K Sports Classic Nov 9
- Walker, Gators bounce back to down Radford Dec 22
- Radford defeats Charleston Southern 64-61 in OT Mar 2