IPFW pulls away from North Dakota State 68-59Jan 24, 2010 - 3:46 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- Ben Botts scored 19 points and Trey McCorkle added 10 points and 13 rebounds as IPFW pulled away from North Dakota State late for a 68-59 victory Saturday night.
Nick Daniels had 13 points and Zach Plackemeier 12 for the Mastodons (9-10, 4-5 Summit).
Eric Carlson led the Bison (6-12, 3-5) with 23 points, and Michael Tveidt had 14.
IPFW trailed 58-57 with 4:04 to play before scoring seven straight points en route to ending the game on an 11-1 run.
Both teams shot poorly - IPFW 39.7 percent, NDSU 39.3 percent - but the Mastodons took advantage of 12 turnovers by the Bison, turning them into 17 points.
IPFW led 51-43 with 11:33 to play before NDSU scored six unanswered points to pull within two. The Bison later went on a 9-2 run to take a 58-57 advantage.
A 3 by Plackemeier at the end of the first half put IPFW ahead 37-32.
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15