Rybak sparks Texas State to 97-92 overtime victoryJan 24, 2010 - 4:22 AM BEAUMONT, Texas(AP) -- John Rybak came up with two key steals and six of his eight points in the overtime period Saturday, helping Texas State defeat Lamar 97-92.
The back-to-back steals led to three points for Texas State (9-10, 3-2 Southland), putting the Bobcats up 92-87 with 1:16 left in overtime. After Lamar (10-10, 2-3) cut it to 92-90 on a layup by Kendrick Harris with 17 seconds remaining, Rybak hit four straight free throws to seal the victory.
Cameron Johnson led six Texas State players in double figures with 24 points and 15 rebounds. He hit 1 of 2 free throws with 7 seconds remaining in regulation to send the game to overtime.
John Bowman added 15 points for the Bobcats, while A'Moute Bidias had 10 points and 17 rebounds.
Harris had 22 points and Anthony Miles 21 for Lamar. Justin Nabors added 18 points and 10 rebounds, and Lawrence Nwevo had 15 points and 12 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 97
LAMAR 92 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 23 10:18 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 36
LAMAR 35 HALFTIME
Jan 23 9:00 PM
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10