Lillard's 36 points lead Weber State to 89-67 winJan 24, 2010 - 4:17 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Damian Lillard scored a career-high 36 points, including 25 in the first half, to lead Weber State to an 89-67 win over Eastern Washington on Saturday.
The sophomore scored the first eight points of the game as the Wildcats (13-7, 7-1 Big Sky) jumped out to an 18-5 lead.
Steve Panos added 19 points for Weber State, and Lindsey Hughey and Trevor Morris each finished with 10.
Glen Dean led the Eagles (6-15, 2-6) with 16 points. Laron Griffin had 11 and Jeffery Forbes added 10.
Eastern Washington pulled within 34-30 on a basket by Forbes with 4:37 left in the first half. But Lillard took over again, scoring 12 points in the next two minutes to give the Wildcats a 46-32 lead.
After leading 50-34 at halftime, WSU stretched its lead to 61-39 five minutes into the second half and never trailed by less than 12 points the rest of the game.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14