CS Bakersfield 63, Utah Valley St. 64Jan 24, 2010 - 5:21 AM OREM, Utah (AP) -- Eric Dearden's 12 points helped Utah Valley defeat CS Bakersfield 64-63 in a non-conference game on Saturday night.
Shawn Deadwiler and Jourdain Scoubes each added 11 points for Wolverines (9-10, 2-1 Great West). This win snaps a three-game losing streak to the Roadrunners (3-15). It knots the all-time series up at 3-3.
The Roadrunners got a game-high 17 points from Stephon Carter. Trent Blakely and Santwon Latunde each had 10 points.
Utah Valley led 64-60 with 11 seconds left in the game before Marcus Hall drilled a three-pointer to cut the lead to one with five-seconds left. The Wolverines' Corey Claitt missed two foul shots with three-seconds left and the Roadrunners got the rebound, and missed a three-quarter court shot in an attempt to win the game.
- NCAA BB
CS BAKERSFIELD 63
UTAH VALLEY ST 64 FINAL
Jan 23 11:11 PM
- NCAA BB
CS BAKERSFIELD 30
UTAH VALLEY ST 34 HALFTIME
Jan 23 10:02 PM
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12
- Utah Valley visits No. 8 Oklahoma State Nov 12
- 19th-ranked SDSU rolls past CS-Bakersfield Jan 3
- 19th-ranked Aztecs play host to Roadrunners Jan 2
- No. 17 UNLV downs Cal State-Bakersfield Jan 6