Western Illinois overtakes Southern Utah 67-54Jan 24, 2010 - 5:37 AM CEDAR CITY, Utah(AP) -- Ceola Clark scored 23 points, including six 3-pointers, to hoist Western Illinois to a 67-54 win over Southern Utah on Saturday night.
Long-distance shooting made the difference, with the Leathernecks (8-11, 2-7 Summit) sinking 10 of 20 tries from beyond the arc and the Thunderbirds (5-15, 1-8) hitting just one 3-pointer.
David Nurse was responsible for the rest of Leathernecks' 3-point scoring, going 4-for-8 from long distance. He finished with 14 points overall. Quenton Kirby added 11 points and James Granstra had 10.
Davis Baker led the Thunderbirds in scoring with 14 points, while Jake Nielson scored 13 and Matt Massey had 11.
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- SDSU routs Southern Utah Dec 19
- Thunderbirds come calling on 24th-ranked Aztecs Dec 18
- No. 21 Gonzaga crushes Southern Utah Nov 10
- No. 21 Gonzaga opens season at home versus Southern Utah Nov 9
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7
- Leathernecks and Jackrabbits seek Summit League championship Mar 6
- Michigan holds off Western Illinois Nov 18
- Leathernecks seek upset of 17th-ranked Wolverines Nov 17
- UNLV cruises past Southern Utah Dec 19
- Glenn leads IUPUI over Western Illinois 77-68 Mar 7
- Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67 Feb 28