Campbell's career night gives Portland 80-64 winJan 24, 2010 - 5:12 AM PORTLAND, Ore.(AP) -- T.J. Campbell scored a career-high 24 points and Jared Stohl added 22 as Portland beat Pepperdine 80-64 Saturday.
Robin Smeulders added 13 points and eight rebounds for the Pilots (12-7, 3-2 West Coast), who have won three of their last four games.
Keion Bell had 21 points to lead Pepperdine (7-14, 3-2), which has lost two in a row after winning three straight.
Portland played without its top scorer, Nik Raivio, for the second consecutive game, but it hardly mattered. It was a big night for Campbell, who hit 7 of 11 shots, including 4 of 7 from the 3-point line. The senior guard was also 6 of 6 from the foul line and handed out nine assists.
Stohl was 6 for 12 from the 3-point line. That gives the junior guard 202 3-pointers for his college career, second on Portland's all-time list behind Casey Frandsen with 211.
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- Wintering sparks Portland past Abilene Christian, 87-57 Nov 23
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Portland Jan 30
- Pilots hope to fly past third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 29
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15