Louisville knocks off Cincinnati 68-60Jan 24, 2010 - 7:44 PM LOUISVILLE, Ky.(AP) -- Reginald Delk recorded his first career double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds to lead Louisville to a 68-60 victory over Cincinnati on Sunday.
The victory snapped the Cardinals' three-game losing streak.
The Bearcats (13-7, 4-4 Big East Conference) got off to a hot start thanks to freshman guard Lance Stephenson, who scored 12 of their first 15 points. Those were the only points he scored as Louisville held him to without a shot in the second half.
After trailing by as many as 11 with 13:58 left in the first half, the Cardinals (13-7, 4-3) led 33-30 at halftime.
Louisville never trailed in the second half, hitting 4-of-8 3-point attempts in the half and 9-of-11 free throws attempts, including 4-of-5 in the final minute.
Samardo Samuels and Edgar Sosa paced the Cardinals with 14 points each, and Peyton Siva added 10.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
CINCINNATI 30 30 60
LOUISVILLE 31 37 68 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: CINCINNATI - YANCY GATES 12, LANCE STEPHENSON 12,
DEONTA VAUGHN 12
LOUISVILLE - SAMARDO SAMUELS 14, EDGAR SOSA 14,
REGINALD DELK 13
Jan 24 2:00 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISVILLE 31 HALFTIME
Jan 24 12:54 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Cincinnati says Mick Cronin is staying after talks with UNLV Mar 25
- A late dunk, a last-second 3 add to Cincinnati's heartbreak Mar 21
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12