Iona beats Fairfield 68-58, wins sixth straightJan 24, 2010 - 11:37 PM NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y.(AP) -- Jermel Jenkins scored 14 points and had seven assists in Iona's 68-58 win over Fairfield on Sunday.
Jonathan Huffman and Milan Prodanovic added 13 apiece for the Gaels, who won their sixth straight.
Iona (15-6, 7-3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) fell behind 10-2 on Fairfield's Lyndon Jordan's layup with 15:23 left in the first half.
The Gaels then went on a 16-5 run and took their first lead, 18-17, on Kyle Smith's 3-pointer with 8:15 to go before halftime.
The Stags (14-6, 7-3) regained the lead on Anthony Johnson's layup with 6:04 left in the half, but Iona closed it out with a 12-4 run to lead 30-25 at halftime.
Fairfield opened the second half on a 7-2 run to tie it at 32-32 with 17:05 left on Yorel Hawkins' free throw. But Iona answered on a 17-6 run and led 49-38 on Huffman's 3 with 11:08 left.
Johnson scored 25 points for the Stags.
- Morris and Iowa State race past Iona 94-81 Mar 17
- Iona spoiled Monmouth bench mob party Mar 16
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- Sophomore Much receives NCAA waiver, can play right away Nov 15
- Iona gives hoops coach Cluess extension Mar 26
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9
- Arkansas 6-0 after win over Iona Nov 30
- Gaels and Hogs mix it up to close holiday weekend Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke reaches triple digits in rout of Fairfield Nov 15
- No. 4 Duke gets right back to work against Fairfield Nov 15
- Manhattan edges Iona for MAAC title Mar 10