Delaware State defeats Coppin State 63-59Jan 26, 2010 - 2:48 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Frisco Sandidge scored 17 points and Delaware State defeated Coppin State 63-59 on Monday night.
Trailing 39-33, the Hornets (9-8, 4-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) went on a 16-2 run to lead 49-41 on Marques Oliver's dunk with 8:25 to go. Delaware State would lead the rest of the way in handing the Eagles (5-13, 0-6) their ninth-straight loss.
Chad Wilson added 12 points for the Hornets, Marcus Neal 11 and Jay Threat 10.
Delaware State shot 42.9 percent from the field (21 of 49), while holding the Eagles to 39.6 percent (19 of 48).
The Hornets jumped out to a 15-3 lead early, but Coppin State pulled within 33-31 on Kareem Braun's 3 with 13 seconds left until halftime.
The Eagles opened the second half with eight straight points, pulling ahead 39-33 on Michael Harper's jumper with 14:42 remaining.
Quinston Reggins scored 14 points for Coppin State.
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE ST 63
COPPIN ST 59 FINAL
Jan 25 9:16 PM
- NCAA BB
DELAWARE ST 33
COPPIN ST 31 HALFTIME
Jan 25 7:57 PM
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29