Wofford defeats Chattanooga 78-63Jan 26, 2010 - 4:54 AM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored 20 points and Wofford defeated Chattanooga 78-63 on Monday night.
The Terriers (14-8, 6-3 Southern Conference) shot 50 percent from the field (30 of 60), tallied 17 points off 16 Chattanooga turnovers and scored 17 second-chance points.
Junior Salters added 14 points, Brad Loesing had 13 and Terry Martin scored 12 for Wofford, which won for the sixth time in seven games.
The Terriers, who led 38-36 at halftime, opened the second half on an 18-8 run. Salters capped the run on a 3-pointer for a 56-44 Wofford lead with 10:48 remaining.
The Mocs (11-10, 3-5), who trailed 32-24 with 4:29 left in the first half, went on a 12-4 run to tie it at 36-36 on Ty Patterson's 3 with 51 seconds to go until halftime.
Patterson finished with 15 points and Ricky Taylor had 13 for Chattanooga, which lost its fourth straight.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16