Western Carolina tops College of Charleston 100-90Jan 26, 2010 - 2:48 AM CULLOWHEE, N.C.(AP) -- Richie Gordon scored 19 points to lead four other players in double figures as Western Carolina defeated College of Charleston 100-90 on Monday night.
Jake Robinson added 16 points for the Catamounts (16-4, 6-2 Southern Conference), who have won four of their last five games. Mike Williams scored 14, Keaton Cole had 11 and Brigham Waginger added 10.
Western Carolina shot 59.4 percent from the field (38-for-64) and outrebounded the Cougars 30-20. The game was the first meeting between the two teams since the Cougars defeated the Catamounts 67-48 in the quarterfinals of the 2009 Southern Conference Tournament.
Andrew Goudelock finished with 24 points and 11 assists for College of Charleston (13-7, 8-1), who had a seven-game win streak snapped. Tony White Jr. added 23 points.
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 90
WESTRN CAROLINA 100 FINAL
Jan 25 8:50 PM
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 45
WESTRN CAROLINA 47 HALFTIME
Jan 25 7:51 PM
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12