Morgan St beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 91-54Jan 26, 2010 - 3:38 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Reggie Holmes scored 25 points, leading four Morgan State players in double figures, as the Bears crushed Maryland-Eastern Shore 91-54 on Monday night.
Troy Smith added 15 points, Joe Davis had 12 and DeWayne Jackson 10 for the Bears (14-7, 6-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have put together a six-game winning streak since conference play started. The Bears have a two-game lead atop the MEAC.
Holmes had eight rebounds and Smith added six, while both players tallied three steals.
The Bears shot 48.6 from the floor (34-for-70) compared to just a 29.2 mark (19-for-65) for the Hawks. Morgan State jumped out early and took a 23-point lead into the break, outscoring the Hawks 46-32 to seal it in the second.
Neal Pitt recorded a double-double for the Hawks (5-14, 3-3), scoring 14 points and pulling down 12 boards. Hillary Haley added 11 points.
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 54
MORGAN ST 93 FINAL
Jan 25 9:33 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 22
MORGAN ST 45 HALFTIME
Jan 25 8:30 PM
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9