Texas A&M-Corpus Christi wins 6th straight, 66-51Jan 26, 2010 - 4:17 AM EDINBURG, Texas(AP) -- Kevin Palmer and Justin Reynolds each scored 15 points and Demond Watt added a double-double as Texas A&M-Corpus Christi defeated Texas-Pan American 66-51 Monday night.
Palmer reached double figures for the 41st straight game, tying the school record, and Watt finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds for and the Islanders (11-8), who ran their winning streak to six.
Matt Mierzycki led the Broncs (3-18) with 14 points.
Corpus Christi opened the second half on a 14-5 run to build their largest lead, 46-23. A 3-pointer by ChaRunn Jones cut Pan American's deficit to 58-46 with less than four minutes to play, but the Broncs never got any closer.
The Islanders ended the first half on a 19-4 run for a 32-18 halftime lead.
rootsLMPtG1 Added 10 roots
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 64, Texas-Rio Grande Valley 51 FinalJan 27 9:26 AM
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 66
TX PAN AMERICAN 51 FINAL
Jan 25 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
TX A&M CORP CHR 32
TX PAN AMERICAN 18 HALFTIME
Jan 25 8:53 PM
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3
- Turner helps Aggies down Islanders Nov 26
- No.25 Aggies host Islanders in College Station Nov 26
- No. 16 Memphis edges Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Dec 21
- Jayhawks cruise to school-record 63rd consecutive home win Nov 23
- South Dakota rallies past Texas-Pan American 76-71 Mar 12
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 53, Stephen F.Austin 60 Mar 11
- Texas-Pan American 56, Utah Valley St. 53 Mar 10
- Texas-Pan American tops Utah Valley 56-53 Mar 10