Ohio knocks off Northern Illinois 99-84Jan 28, 2010 - 3:55 AM DE KALB, Ill.(AP) -- D. J. Cooper scored a career-high 29 points and Armon Bassett had 25 to lead Ohio to a 99-84 victory over Northern Illinois Wednesday night.
Three other Bobcats scored in double figures. Reggie Keely had 14 points, Tommy Freeman 13 and Kenneth Van Kempen had 11 points and nine rebounds.
Ohio (11-9, 2-4 Mid-American) broke away from a 63-63 game midway through the second half, scoring 36 points in the game's final 9 1/2 minutes. The final margin of 15 was the Bobcats' largest lead.
Xavier Silas' 31 points led all scorers for Northern Illinois (8-10, 4-2). Silas scored the first 15 points for the Huskies. Mike Dinunno scored 16 and Lee Fisher had 10 points and nine rebounds for the Huskies, who lost despite owning a 48-38 rebounding edge in the game.
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- No. 22 UMass crushes Northern Illinois Dec 14
- Minutemen get back to work as they host Huskies Dec 14
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12