Murray leads La Salle over Fordham 80-73Jan 28, 2010 - 2:44 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Aaric Murray scored 24 points and Rodney Green scored 14 of his 16 in the second half as La Salle defeated Fordham 80-73 on Wednesday night after trailing by three at halftime.
The Explorers (11-9, 3-3 Atlantic 10 Conference) made 17 of 25 shots in the second half (68 percent) to 35.3 percent (12 of 34) for the Rams.
La Salle led 74-64 with 4:01 remaining but the Rams (2-17, 0-7) trimmed it to three points, 76-73, with 1:35 left. Two free throws by Parrish Grant and two more by Yves Mekongo restored La Salle's margin to seven.
Jerrell Williams scored 12 of his 19 points for La Salle after halftime, including eight in the first 5:49, when the Explorers took a 53-46 lead after Fordham led 38-35 at the half.
Chris Gaston led the Rams with 21 points and 15 rebounds, the freshman's 12th double-double this season.
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3
- Brogdon and Virginia down La Salle Nov 29