Lafayette defeats Army 77-68Jan 28, 2010 - 2:44 AM EASTON, Pa.(AP) -- Jared Mintz scored 20 points to lead Lafayette to a 77-68 victory over Army on Wednesday night.
Mintz, who missed the final 10 minutes of Lafayette's loss to Lehigh on Jan 23 after receiving 12 stitches to close a cut to his face, was 10-for-10 from the line to help the Leopards (14-7, 5-1 Patriot League) win for the seventh time in eight games.
Lafayette controlled the second half, but Army (12-8, 2-4) cut the Leopards' lead to 56-51 on Cleveland Richard's layup with 7:27 to play.
Lafayette quickly pushed the lead to 60-51 and took a 65-54 advantage on Jim Mower's 3-pointer with 5:22 remaining.
Ryan Willen scored 17 points and Mower finished with 15 for Lafayette, which went 26-for-31 from the free throw line (83.9 percent). The Leopards also shot 55 percent from the field (11-for-20) in the second half.
Richard scored 20 and Julian Simmons had 18 points for Army.
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13
- Gophers overwhelm Lafayette for eighth straight win Dec 22