Wichita State holds off Illinois State 74-66Jan 28, 2010 - 2:28 AM WICHITA, Kan.(AP) -- Clevin Hannah scored 22 points to lead Wichita State to a 74-66 victory over Illinois State on Wednesday night.
Toure' Murry added 12 points to help the Shockers (18-4, 7-3 Missouri Valley) maintain their hold on second place in the conference.
Lloyd Phillips scored 22 points to lead the Redbirds (14-7, 5-5).
Wichita State took control early in the second half, putting together an 11-0 run for a 50-34 lead with 12:50 remaining. Hannah scored six straight points during the stretch.
Illinois State rallied late with a 16-6 run to close within 70-66 with 39 seconds to play, but Hannah and Graham Hatch hit free throws to seal the victory.
The Shockers led 14-6 early, and 3-pointers from David Kyles and J.T. Durley were part of an 8-0 run that gave Wichita State a 37-30 halftime advantage.
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- No. 22 Wichita St uses balanced scoring to top Loyola 80-54 Jan 28
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- Winter storm forces New Mexico St-Wichita St postponement Dec 28
- Wichita State says F Grady's back injury improving Nov 28
- Grady hurt in No. 20 Wichita State loss to Alabama Nov 27
- No. 10 Shockers enter season with high expectations again Nov 3
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2
- Report: Marshall staying at Wichita State with new deal Apr 2