Quinnipiac defeats Wagner 66-57Jan 29, 2010 - 3:22 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- James Feldeine scored 21 points and Justin Rutty had a double-double to help Quinnipiac defeat Wagner 66-57 on Thursday night, for its eighth-straight win.
Rutty finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds as both teams shot under 40 percent. But the Bobcats (14-6, 8-1 Northeast Conference) turned the ball over just eight times, compared to 16 by the Seahawks (3-19, 1-8).
Danny Mundweiler's 3 pulled Wagner within two, 50-48, with 8:38 left. Quinnipiac answered with seven straight points. James Feldeine hit a jumper, tallied a steal and Dave Johnson hit a 3 to give the Bobcats a 55-48 lead with 7:43 remaining.
The Seahawks wouldn't get any closer than four points the rest of the way.
Jeremy Baker added 12 points for Quinnipiac, which shot 33.3 percent (20 of 56).
Wagner, which shot 39.3 percent from the field (22 of 56), was paced by Mundweiler's 10 points.
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26
- Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Report: Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20