Miami (Ohio) defeats Central Michigan 64-51Jan 29, 2010 - 2:56 AM MIAMI, Ohio(AP) -- Kenny Hayes scored 20 points and Miami (Ohio) beat Central Michigan for the 12th time in a row at home, 64-51, on Thursday night.
Nick Winbush came off the bench to add 13 points for the RedHawks (7-14, 4-3 Mid-American Conference), who got 28 points from its reserves.
Clinging to a 40-36 lead with 9:19 to play, the RedHawks went on a 20-7 run to put the game out of reach at 60-47. Hayes capped the run with a layup with 2:20 remaining.
The Chippewas duo of Robbie Harman and Jordan Bitzer came into the game averaging a combined 34 points in conference games, but were held to 19 total. Bitzer, who averaged 18.4 points in his first five conference games, had 10 points and Harman had nine.
Central Michigan (9-9, 4-2), the MAC's top 3-point shooting team at 36.9 percent, made 7 of 21 (33.3 percent) from behind the arc.
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 51
MIAMI OH 64 FINAL
Jan 28 8:59 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 20
MIAMI OH 23 HALFTIME
Jan 28 7:52 PM
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8
- Miami-Ohio guard Moore suspended 9 games Nov 6
- Former Miami-Ohio coach Coles dies Jun 7
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29