Glenn propels IUPUI past Oakland, Mich., 78-54Jan 29, 2010 - 2:24 AM INDIANAPOLIS(AP) -- Robert Glenn scored 26 points and Alex Young had a double-double as IUPUI defeated Oakland, Mich., 78-54 Thursday night to tie for the Summit League lead.
Glenn hit 11 of his 13 shots and all four free throws, and Young had 20 points and 11 rebounds.
The Jaguars (16-7, 9-1) also got 18 points Jon Avery and a game-high 13 rebounds from Billy Pettiford as they ended Oakland's nine-game winning streak and stymied the Golden Grizzlies' attempt to set a record with their 17th straight league victory.
Derick Nelson led Oakland (15-8, 9-1) with 15 points, 14 coming in the first half. Larry Wright added 12.
IUPUI hit 32 of 57 (56.1 percent) to 19 of 56 (33.9 percent) for Oakland and outrebounded the Golden Grizzlies 46-26.
IUPUI, which won its sixth in a row, led just 36-30 at intermission but outscored Oakland 42-24 in the second half.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14
- Oakland's Bader sets NCAA 3-point mark Feb 2