Chattanooga pulls away from Western Carolina 80-67Jan 29, 2010 - 3:09 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Ty Patterson scored 19 points and had 10 rebounds to lead Chattanooga to an 80-67 victory over Western Carolina on Thursday night.
Patterson hit four 3-pointers and the Mocs (12-10, 4-5 Southern Conference) shot 53.6 percent from the field (15-for-28) in the second half to snap a four-game losing streak.
Western Carolina (16-5, 6-3) led 36-21 at halftime and 57-55 on Mike Williams' free throw with 8:03 remaining, but Chattanooga's Keegan Bell nailed a 3-pointer for a 58-57 lead and the Mocs never trailed again.
Patterson's 3-pointer gave them a 72-63 lead with 3:51 left and another 3 from Patterson built Chattanooga's lead to 75-65 with 2:29 to play.
Ridge McKeither scored 15, Ricky Taylor had 12 and Bell added 10 points and six assists for the Mocs.
Williams led Western Carolina with 20 points. Brigham Waginger added 12 points and Brandon Giles scored 10.
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13