Tennessee Tech beats E Illinois 75-65Jan 29, 2010 - 4:56 AM COOKEVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Elijah Muhammad scored 18 points, including 10 straight to help Tennessee Tech pull away from Eastern Illinois in the final 4 minutes of a 75-65 win on Thursday night.
The Golden Eagles (11-10, 5-5 Ohio Valley Conference) have won three in a row and four of their last five games.
Tennessee Tech had four players in double figures, including Alfred Jones with 16 points, Kevin Murphy with 14 and Frank Davis with 12. Davis has scored 1,003 career points.
The Golden Eagles tied the game at 53-53 on a free throw by Murphy with 4:43 left. His second foul shot put Tennessee Tech in front for good.
Zach Bailey buried a 3-pointer, then Muhammad scored the next 10 points as the Golden Eagles' lead grew to 67-55 with 1:25 left.
Jeremy Granger led Eastern Illinois (11-10, 5-6) with 16 points.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 65
TENNESSEE TECH 75 FINAL
Jan 28 10:42 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 29
TENNESSEE TECH 26 HALFTIME
Jan 28 9:35 PM
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26
- Racers seek another milestone in visit to Golden Eagles Feb 25